Sunday 6 September 2015

Sorrento, Italy: Part One

Good morning! I'm currently sat on my settee with a cup of tea about to watch some Sunday morning tv. Last week I would have been in a warm pool having drinks brought to me by waiters in white suits and black bow ties. Alas, I'm in Italy no more!

So here we are back in windy, rainy Sheffield. We've had all our photos developed and they're ready to go. However there are quite a lot so this holiday post might end up being in several parts (not sure how many yet!) Also, we took photos on my digital camera (canon powershot g12), my film camera (konica minolta) and then of course our iPhones, so it was difficult getting the order right sometimes!

I'll keep the waffling to a minimum though and tell you a little about what we got up to as the photos flow. So here they are!


the view from the outdoor pool area



a lemon tree orchard that doubled as a car park!






there were lemon, lime and orange trees everywhere



These photos are from our first day of exploring the town centre of Sorrento. It's been wonderful, we've eaten amazing food including loads of hazelnut gelato! We've seen some gorgeous sea views and architecture and Ben has constantly been complimented on his Italian. I was told by a restaurant owner that I'm a very lucky lady because Ben is Neapolitan! 

                                               There'll be more to come in part two!


oxoxo




No comments:

Post a Comment