Tuesday 18 November 2014

Sheffield Print Fair

I don't talk nearly enough about the artists in Sheffield on here, I can hardly remember when the last one was, but I'm here to make it right!
It was the Sheffield Print Fair on Saturday and me and my friend Alex went to check it out, even though she was but a bit hungover!
As you know I love printmaking and after seeing all the delights on offer on all the stalls and chatting to the artists, I've come away feeling so inspired to get out there and start making. There is so much talent out there. Here are the photos from the day.












It was really interesting to be able to talk directly to the artists about their own work and how they actually did it. We did one big amble around the room to have a good look and a chat and then went round again to do some buying. I bought a James Green print of a Sheffield view and a really sweet tea towel by Hannah Josey. Alex loves all woodland-y things and bought a James Green print too with foxes and badgers on.
Afterwards we went for a full english at Spoilt For Choice on Ecclesall Road which most definitely did the trick. All in all an awesome day. Now I know what I want for Christmas!

ps I can't find a source link for every photo here so here's a list of all the artists that were there. Enjoy!




oxoxo








No comments:

Post a Comment