Wednesday 23 April 2014

Last Day Gratitude

What a horrible, brilliant day yesterday was. I worked my last shift at my Monks Cross store, 'twas a poignant day to say the least! I'm glad it was a 10pm finish so I could slip out without an audience. I was really dreading it because I knew I wouldn't be able to hold it together, and of course, I couldn't! I was choking them back on several occasions throughout the day. My colleagues were so generous though, there was a mountain of presents for me which I would have liked to have been able to open there and then but there was just no way. The flood gates would have really opened and there would have been no way to recover from it let alone carry on working and serving customers! I really love them though, they've been shared on Facebook and I want to share them with you too. Look how lovely they are!


As you can see a beautiful bounty. A handmade cushion with cool retro print made by my crafty friend Helen Bowden. You can and should check out the rest of her stuff here. A bottle of Chardonnay, Thorntons choccies, a really cool antique coal iron (wow!) and lastly, the most extravagant of all, the Betty's tea set hamper. This is so gorgeous. Betty's is pretty well renowned here in England. There are only 6 of them, all in Yorkshire. There are two here in York and I've never not seen a queue out the door going down the street. It's a very high end place, as you'll see below the Queen also uses it's fine bone china!






As used by Her Maj!

Seriously cute handmade cushion by Helen Bowden



Antique Coal Iron!



So thank you to everyone, the last four years have been the best. I feel genuinely lucky to know you. Now on to new hilly horizons!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment