Wednesday 5 March 2014

Life Lately: The Times They Are A-Changing

It's been a funny old winter. Seeing as I'll be moving to Sheffield in June, I'm very aware that everything I've done since summer will be the last time I do it at home. Last birthday, last Christmas etc...It's all very exciting though!
I've been flat hunting for Ben and I since, well, this time last year. A bit early I know but I'm gaining a better understanding of what you can get for your money in certain areas. I've seen loads too, they'll just be gone by the time I need them!



It'll also be a big change to finally leave Sainsbury's after 4 years. My first ever job, it's obviously never been my dream job or something I planned to be in forever, but I must say I do love it. More than anything for the people there. They make the job what it is.
It's not a challenging job, I know, but it's one that I actually look forward to going to. So often I hear other people saying how much they dread going to highly stressful jobs and it makes me realise how lucky I am to have such laid back work with good people.
Even the people who work at the other end of the store (it's huge), I don't personally know them but we say hello in passing. It has a real community feeling.

Also I'd say that my name is pretty well known in store and that's nice, feeling that you belong. I'll be sorry to say goodbye when the time comes, I really will.
I'll probably transfer stores to begin with, for ease, but ultimately I aim to be working elsewhere by Christmas. I've done the big corporate company, now I'd much rather like to work in a little independent shop. I've got my eye on a few vintage shops around the city so here's hoping!

"And will I miss it dear? Why yes, we miss the violets always - 'till the roses come."

In the meantime, here are some handsome fellas that I'll also miss terribly.





Hope you're having a good week!

No comments:

Post a Comment